Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Pleaser Pancakes



I think I'll call her Dixie the Duckling

This is for all you sweet moms who want to surprise their kiddos with a special Easter pancake ( or wives for the hubby) Gather your griddle, tie up your apron, and get ready to see some smiling faces!

Supplies:
Pancake mix
3 Squeeze bottles
3 small bowls
Yellow, orange, and either pink or blue food coloring 

(pink for a girl ducky, blue for a boy)
Preheat griddle to slightly warm and mist some nonstick spray over it.  I just used a skillet and put it on level 2 out of 9 on my stove. Mix your pancake batter according to package directions but don't use quite as much water as instructions call for- you want your batter to be slightly thick. Mix well- no lumps will go through the squeeze bottle tip. Pour 1/2 batter into 1small bowl and divide whats left among the other 2 bowls and leave about 2 teaspoons in original bowl. Add your coloring to each bowl and stir well. Pour your colored batter into your squeeze bottles.

Draw the outline of your chic with your yellow squeeze bottle.

Then grab your pink or blue bottle and add your bow or bow tie. ( I am doing a girl today- since I have a niece, I'm gonna give it to her as a pre-Easter Bunny surprise)



Then add the white eyes (you'll add the pupils in a bit)


Once the outline starts to raise, slightly fill in the rest of chic yellow, the bow, and the eyes. Move heat up a tad if you need to so they will finish cooking. Once batter starts to bubble and pancake loos “set”, flip pancakes. (Just a little tip- don't let your husband do it- he kinda messed my beak up so....) 


Once finished cooking on that side, transfer to a plate & add 2 chocolate chips for your pupils. If your feeling really savy, you could color some coconut green and sprinkle it on the plate to look like grass. I felt pretty savy so I did :)

See how fun that was!!! And just look at this big smile on my niece's face!!! 


Happy Easter Everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment